Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Callie's 1st Sharks Game

This is truly one for the scrapbook! We finally took Callie to a sharks game. We have a 10 pack this season and we have been to a couple of game on our own already. I had been scoping it out to see if we could swing it. I posted to the Las Madres board about advice and we decided to go for it! The biggest concern for me was her ears. It can get a bit loud in the Tank. In fact, it was voted one of the worst arenas to play in as a member of an opposing team! I got some good advice on ear protection and decided to go for it. We got her covered in teal from head to toe! I found some onesies, since the ones we get when she was born didn't fit anymore. I went to the sharks store to find a hat of some kind. Most of them were too small (wouldn't cover her ears) or were way too big and would fall over her eyes, which drives her bonkers! Then I stumbled onto a ridiculous teal and black wig. Perfect. I rushed home from the gym and Grandma Tere had Callie all ready to go. I grabbed the stroller and walked downtown (we live pretty close and its not worth the parking hassle). We met Bill at the front of the arena and made our way inside. The arena will hold onto your stroller for you, which is great, for everyone! We got her wig on and everyone would stop and remark at how cute she was. I would estimate that about 15 people took pictures of us that night. One person walking by said she looked like one of those troll dolls. The only other thing to worry about was feeding her. But lucky for us, our good friends Kat and Cory were sitting next to us, so nursing was no big deal. I pulled on the nursing cover and Kat didn't mind a bit when our little miss would occassionally get to kicking. Our nursing session coincided with the national anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment