Monday, January 24, 2011

No Regrets

This past weekend a good friend passed away very suddenly of a heart attack. Though I have yet to come to grips with it (not sure when that will happen...his memorial perhaps) this much I have come to realize. Don't put things off because the timing isn't perfect. Because you just never know what the future holds. So if you want to travel, do it. If you want to climb a ridiculously tall mountain, do it. If you want a family, do it. If you want to get married, do it. No regrets. That's the plan.
So it got me thinking, what do I still want to do? And its a tough question, because I've done a lot. I love to travel so I've done a lot of it the last few years.
I've been to Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, England and Scotland. I have a gorgeous daughter, who I've been gripping just a little bit tighter the last few days. Gives me comfort somehow. I've had a wonderful job as a teacher at an incredible school.
So what else do I want to do?
Most of the things I want to do involve travel, because I love it so much! It is so amazing to go to new places, meet new people, hear new languages, try new food.
I want to go to Lucca to see where my family came from and I want to take my daughter to show her. I want to go to Brazil. I want to kayak. I want to go to Thailand. I want to go to Australia and/or New Zealand. I want to go to Greece. I want to try my hand at bobsledding in the Alps. I want to ride in a hot air balloon over the Red Rocks in Arizona. I want to tell Callie about her Great Uncle Bill and take her on lots of carousel rides. I want to go to Egypt to see the pyramids. I want to go back to The Alhambra. It was one of my favorite stops on our honeymoon. I want to go to New Orleans.
I want to be a good mom. I want to be a patient mom. I want to be a good friend, daughter, wife, niece, etc. I want to read as many books as I can, especially classics that I have somehow missed. There are so many things. Maybe I won't do all of them, but I am sure going to try.

2 comments:

  1. and you bet your ass that I'm doing all of the above with you. I'm like a bad hangover. You just can't shake me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are living an amazing life because you understand the importance of living each moment to the fullest. You and your bad hangover are an inspiration to everyone you meet.

    ReplyDelete