Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Callie's 15 month appointment

Today we had Callie's 15 month doctor appointment, even though she is practically 16 months old. But we are off a month, because we came in late for our 12 month appointment.
Anyway, we go in and this appointment is with a nurse practitioner. Who was TOTALLY amazed by Callie. On so many levels! She first of all, couldn't believe that she was so active. I almost laughed when she asked if she had tried running yet. Tried? Are you kidding me? This kid could probably join a peewee track team! Not to mention jumping...
She asked how many words she says, so we ran through the list. Mama, Dada, Amma (Grandma), bubble, nose, bath, dog, more (her personal favorite, of course), duck. I"m sure there are more, but those are the most common ones she says. The nurse said it is normal for them to have 3-6 words, so we are fine there.
She did find a little bit of a clogged ear, so we may be heading towards our first ear infection, but we are going to watch it and see. She was shocked that Callie had never been on any medication or antibiotics.
Her growth and length all checked out about the same. 40-50% in length and weight and 80% in head size. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Damn that girl has a huge head!! And I would know! Anyway, the nurse left and our usual vaccination nurse came in. I expected Callie to recognize her and start crying but she didn't. That came later! She stuck Callie with the two needles and of course started to wail. All of a sudden she looked up at the nurse and started SCREAMING full on "BYE BYE BYE BYE!" Then she said her word for door which basically sounds like "doh". So I think in her own way, Callie was saying, "Hey biotch! There's the door! Get out!" I have no doubt that if I hadn't been holding her in my lap she would have ran to the door and shut it in her face!
We walked out and she cheerfully said "bye bye" to everyone as we left and promptly passed out in the backseat of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment