Monday, August 8, 2011

Callie's 1st Trip To The County Faire

I took Callie to the County Faire this week with some other moms and babies. I hadn't been to the faire in YEARS! Friday was "kids day" apparently so we went on friday. Admission was free, luckily. When we walked in we were greeted with this sight, a monster school bus that you could take rides in for $5.
Monster School Bus
The guy running it tried to get us to go on, but we said no thank you. And once we saw him drive it, I was very glad we said no! He was driving crazy and fishtailing all over the place!

Once all the moms and babies were together and ready to go we started exploring. We went to see the big animals (after one of the moms got a temporary glitter tattoo. And no. That mom was not me.). Callie was sooo excited! She really hadn't seen these types of animals up close before. She saw some cows. When we walked up and saw a sheep she all of a sudden yelps "Baa!" I couldn't believe it! We had been working on animal sounds, but I hadn't even told her what type of animal it was.
Baa!

As we walked around the rest of the hall looking at goats she was walking up to all of them and yelling "Baa! Baa! Baa!"
Baa!Baa!Baa!

It was pretty darn adorable. She certainly wasn't shy about walking up to the animals and try to pet them. Shocking that she would be so forward, I know. Where is that sarcasm font ?

Afterwards we walked around some more and saw bunnies, chickens, roosters, turkeys and everything in between.
We walked over to the rides to see if there was anything for the little ones but there wasn't really anything. There was however a big sign that read: "NO PREGNANT OR INTOXICATED PEOPLE!" That made me laugh a little, since those two groups normally don't really go together. There were probably 6 or 8 rides, if that and 4 or 5 carnival games.

And that ladies and gentlemen was the extent of the Santa Clara County Faire.

I stopped to get a frozen watermelon drink that Callie and I could share and overheard one of the 4 vendors at the whole faire saying that the faire didn't want to have to pay for the police presence anymore at the faire (there were always gang problems on the weekends) so they are keeping it small. Kinda sad.
As we walked around some more we headed back to the entrance where the pony rides were. I thought, that would be fun for Callie since she is starting to get a little crazy about horses. I was all set when I saw the price. $6! For a pony ride? That probably lasts all of 30 seconds?  They also had a tiny petting zoo that they were charging $8 for. So no pony ride.

 After that we headed towards the car. It was at this point that I took a look in the stroller.
And...done!

Clearly I had found the faire underwhelming but not Callie! She was out! Some of the moms are talking about hitting up the Sonoma Faire, which apparently is still a good size. So we will see! But all in all, Callie had an amazing time, and that's whats important, after all. Will we go next year? Uhh...probably not. But I will most likely leave that up to the girl who clearly had the most fun:)




No comments:

Post a Comment