Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Names are So Important!

So yesterday I was at Babies R Us. I know...Again?! Yes, again. But this time I got to go without the toddler, which is a totally different experience. And when it was all over I was quite glad that she was playing with grandma. So there I was walking around BRU and all of a sudden out of nowhere a boy that I would guess was around 6 or 7 with a killer  spiked mohawk came careening around the corner (in the store, mind you) on a bicycle! Said bicycle had Toys R Us tags on it, so he was apparently taking it for an extended test drive. I was glad Callie wasn't with me, because we probably would have been run over! It got so bad an employee had to track down the mom (who was pregnant with baby #2) and tell her to control her kid because it was dangerous. Duh. I was pretty close in proximity to her, so I watched to see what she did. When she all of a sudden BELLOWS, and I mean really yells her son's name. And it was just one of those a-ha moments when I thought to myself, "Wow. Names really are very telling." Ok. Enough with the suspense. She yelled at the top of her lungs : "DAMIEN! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" Awesome. I almost fell over it was so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment