Friday, April 13, 2012

Lucia: 1 Month

It is hard to believe that we have had Miss Lucia with us for a whole month already!


I can't fathom how fast this is all going. It felt so agonizingly slow with Callie. But, everything has been as different as possible it seems from how it was with Callie.
I don't mind the sleepless nights too much this time around. Would it be nice to sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time? Sure. But my time with Lucia when the sun is sleeping is sometimes the only one on one time I get with my little miss. I also know the sleepless nights will end. When you are going through it with your first you are totally and utterly convinced that you will never, ever, ever sleep again.
Miss Lucia is generally a mellow lady. Again, completely opposite of her sister. And thank the heavens she is! Two active girls might just kill me. She cries for food and when she is gassy but that is about it. She nurses so much better than Callie did.  Last time around I probably should have bought stock in Lansinoh for how often I was using the lanolin and warm compresses.
I am just loving on her so much it is crazy. I love being with her. I especially love the alone time we get when Callie is with Grandma Tere. It is peaceful and quiet and I just get to be with her and relish the moments we have together. I feel like I rushed Callie to get older and move past each stage too fast that this time I am almost trying to will time to stand still so I can be in each moment. 




But that is not to say the past month has not been without its trials. When she got sick at 10 days old and was vomiting and refusing to eat this mama was scared out of her wits. But we got very lucky. She was ok and gained weight. I'm pretty sure the whole ordeal took a few years off my life. So we've definitely been a little more reclusive this time around with visitors as a result, but we are slowly coming out of our shell with park playdates for Callie and visits at the house.So hopefully we will see all of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment