Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Callie!

My dearest Callie,
How is it possible that you are 2 today?! It feels like just yesterday I was holding you for the first time, wide eyed and amazed that you were with us, safe and sound.

There are so many things that make me thankful for you. Thank you for giving me a new name. And it is my most favorite name. Mama. You will always be my baby. Even though there is now another baby in our house, you are always my first and because of that you will always hold a special place in my heart. You made us all into a family and for that we will always be grateful my little love. You have changed us all in so many ways. Thank you for showing me the wonder in the world all over again. Thank you for showing me "beeps" and counting "1,2,1,2,1" and exclaiming with glee and reminding me that we don't need to rush so much.  Thank you for showing me how to be silly and dance and not care what other people think so much.

Callie, you are a sight to behold. You are wild and a little bit crazy but I wouldn't have you any other way. There is good reason that I call you my monkey! I kind of love that you make other moms that we don't know at the playground a tad nervous. I will be honest, there are days that you scare even me, and I don't scare easily, especially not now! We've been through a lot you and I. I always joke with friends that you "hazed" us in the beginning. You were a tough nut to crack but it has made our tender moments all the sweeter.

I love that you are about as far away from girlie as possible. I love that you are your own grrl. And I hope that never changes.  I hope you never feel pressured to be more of a "girl." You already are and you are perfect.  You are you and you are phenomenal. You are strong and brave and I couldn't be prouder to be anyone's mama. To me you will always be what your name means, the most beautiful girl in the world. So happy birthday my sweet Callie Helena. I can hardly wait to see what you do this year! I LOVE YOU!



But let's make fewer trips to the ER ok? Otherwise your mama might just have a heart attack:)

No comments:

Post a Comment