Friday, May 20, 2011

First Trip To Happy Hollow

Callie and I had our first trip together to Happy Hollow yesterday. We went with another mom/baby friend. I was a beautiful day! Perfect weather. I used to go there all the time when I was a little girl and it was amazing how, even though the park has been remodeled, the memories came flooding back.

Callie Meets The Goats
Like when we saw the goats! I remembered all the times I would feed the goats and an instance where my brother had a not so nice meeting with some goats. I will leave it at that. Callie seemed to think they were a bit like big dogs. She kept petting them the way she pets Milo. One of them licked her arm and she didn't care too much for that! 
We took a ride on Danny the Dragon which she loved! I was afraid she might get scared in the tunnel, but she did just fine.
First ride on Danny the Dragon


The carousel....not so much.
On the carousel before the freak out

She was good at first but when she started going up and down I think it was messing with her equilibrium a bit. I kept trying to play it up and cheering and saying Weeeee! But no. My little miss was not having it. She was squirming trying to get to me, so I took her out of the belt and we just stood on the carousel until the end of the ride. The funny thing was that whenever she could see the carousel for the rest of the day she would point at it and squeal like she wanted to go on it again.

After we were done with the carousel we walked around and saw some animals. She liked the tortoise. She started racing him! Guess who won? She would run ahead of him and then stop to look back at his progress. Repeat 4 more times. Eventually she gave up.
Racing the Tortoise

Then we found the sand pit! It just kills me how much this girl loves brooms. She was so happy!
What a mess! This is going to take forever!




It was at this point in the day that our friends had to take off. Callie was still doing ok so we wandered around a bit and saw some more animals. I must admit some of the enclosures don't really seem adequate for the bigger animals, like the jaguar. We kept walking until I noticed a cut out of a bumble bee. La de da...Next sign. The Bee Barn. Nope, absolutely not. There were huge bee hives. I have learned from previous experiences and I was not going to tempt fate! No need to experiment with my epi pen today! So we turned around and high tailed it out of there. I had wondered why it didn't seem like there were many bees buzzing around such a big park. Now I know! 
We wandered into the gift shop hoping to find something for dada, but nothing really jumped out at me. But I definitely think when she gets older she will need a Danny the Dragon tshirt:) 


1 comment:

  1. "I remembered all the times I would feed the goats and an instance where my brother had a not so nice meeting with some goats. "

    Goddamn goats...

    ReplyDelete