Sunday, May 22, 2011

She Is Beautiful 10K

The Diaper Vipers participated in the She Is Beautiful 10K in Santa Cruz today. We arrived a little early so we could pick up our bibs and hang out with the girls and our families before we took off.  One of the dads took all of the pictures you will see here. Some very nice shots! Thanks Aaron and Priscilla for the pictures!
Getting Ready To Go!


The gang's all here!

Callie just hung out while Mama busted her butt!
Callie trying to figure out her shadow!


Fran and I crossing the finish line to our cheering squad!

All done!
It was a gorgeous day ! A really beautiful walk along west cliff drive in SC. Our time was much better this time! We finished 6.1 miles in 1 hour 40 minutes. Not too shabby! When we started my shins felt like they were on fire but I pushed through and just kept drinking my water. And on the note of hydration, thank goodness I brought my camelbak because the whole water situation at the race was pretty bad. As in...they were out of water when we were walking back! After about mile 1.5, my shins felt fine. I stretched out my hips a lot more this time before we started and it worked! No hip pain. So I will need to work on some stretches for my shins.

But I am really happy with our time. I just hope I can stay on that timing for our half marathon! We will find out in two weeks when we do the See Jane Run Half Marathon in Alameda on June 5th. But  that will have to wait. Tomorrow I get a pedicure for my poor thrashed feet! Can't wait! I haven't had one since... oh...hmmm...oh ya, since before Callie was born!! I'm way overdue I'd say...

No comments:

Post a Comment