Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday Night Blahs

When I was working I always hated sunday nights. It meant Monday morning and the work week was imminent. I didn't expect to have exactly the same feeling as a stay at home mom, but I do. I am always in a foul mood late sunday night because I know the week is looming. The weekends are so nice because Bill is around so if I need a break he can take over for a bit. Or like this weekend on Sunday I had my Camera Cinema Club and got a few hours to myself and saw a very good movie: The Pat Tilman Story.
During the week, no such luck. During the week it is just us...ALLLLLL day. Although one difference I notice is that when I was working I would basically go over in my head everything I planned to do on Monday. What my lesson plans were going to be, what meetings I had, what papers I was planning on grading, which students I was excited or dreaded to see the next day. Now, I can't plan for anything! So I just go to sleep! So in some ways, being a stay at home mom is freeing.
Even when Bill gets home at night I don't get to pack it in and let him take over, not really. She still has to feed and she is a verrrry fussy girl at night. And poor Bill. Some nights I am practically throwing Callie at him when he walks through the door. But he usually knows its coming. I usually text him to tell him if she is having a bad day. Like today, which wasn't necessarily bad...but interesting. She napped long enough this morning so I could mop some of the floors, which honestly hadn't been done since before Callie came home with us! Sweeping we can handle, but mopping just hadn't happened. So I thought...Ok! We got this today! I put her on her changing pad, which she adores. I've taken her diaper off and cleaned her bum. She is so happy I just leave her there for a bit while I run around and getting some things done. When all of a sudden, I hear THE noise. Uh oh. Shit all over the changing pad and her nice clean bum. Luckily she had napped earlier so I wasn't super stressed like I usually am. So we cleaned up and went on with our day. So that was our Monday Funday.
At least Sunday nights now mean True Blood in our house:) But we only have 2 more weeks of TB! Then I guess it will be back to Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment